Women are being disproportionately affected by the social impact of coronavirus. Crisis historically exacerbates gender inequality.
- A British Medical Journal article provides resources on violence against women due to COVID-19
- The Lancet and the Gender Based Violence Area of Responsibility team have resources and information on the Gender implications of COVID-19: GBV AoR / The Lancet.
- UNFPA has a technical brief on COVID-19: A gender lens on promoting Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights and promoting gender equality
- Here is a resource for COVID-19, gender and data intersection.
- Women Deliver’s recent Op-Ed- A Gender lens for COVID highlights the five recommendations to re-frame the pandemic response with gender at the center.
- UN Women has a page devoted to the gender equality in the COVID-19 response.
- The UN has launched the policy brief on the impact of COVID-19 on women, exploring how the lives of women and girls are changing and the best measures for immediate response and long-term recovery.
- UN Women and UNDP launched a new COVID-19 Global Gender Response Tracker. This tracker monitors pandemic-related policy measures worldwide, including responses that incorporate a gender lens. Find the tracker here.
- According to The Global Girlhood Report, a new report from Save the Children, the pandemic has put 500,000 more girls at risk of being forced into child marriage this year. Find the press release here.