21 November 2016
International Association of Infant Massage, Australia
The International Association of Infant Massage, Australia (IAIM Australia) expresses its strong support to working collaboratively and making a meaningful contribution to the Every Woman Every Child effort, through the Global Strategy for Women’s and Children’s Health. IAIM Australia commits to improving women’s and children’s mental health and physical well-being by strengthening the capacity of communities to support, protect and restore early relationships between women and their babies. We will achieve this by:
- Developing and distributing relevant, evidence-based resources for primary, secondary and tertiary health and early childhood services;
- Increasing access to the IAIM program for people working with marginalized and at risk families;
- Advocating for increased use of evidence-based education to support positive touch, infant massage and other forms of responsive interaction to strengthen the mental health of women and infants, and to reduce infant mortality and morbidity;
- Increasing access to the IAIM program for women and babies who have been traumatised;
- Advocating for and actively supporting improved data collection and further research in the IAIM program, and contributing to improved interpretation and dissemination of this research.