World Health Assembly—22-31 May
22-31 May 2017 | Geneva, Switzerland
World Health Assembly (WHA) will take place from 22- 31 May this year with a number of key items on women’s, children’s and adolescents’ health, including a discussion among Member States on the implementation of the Every Woman Every Child Global Strategy for Women’s, Children’s and Adolescents’ Health following last year’s resolution on the theme. Discussions will touch on topics related to universal health coverage, human rights, adolescent health and the environment.
Key Every Woman Every Child events at WHA include:
- 22 May – The report and recommendations of the working group for health and human rights
- 23 May – Country Progress on Improving Women’s, Children’s and Adolescents’ Health: Initial findings of the EWEC Global Strategy Progress Report and launch of the Global Financing Facility 2016-17 Annual Report.
- 24 May – 3rd Annual Global Citizens’ Dialogue
- 24 May – Fueling Action: Leveraging policy and advocacy to address the rising toll of diabetes in pregnancy
- 24 May – EWEC Innovation Market Place Ministerial Dinner
Additionally, three noontime technical briefings will take place on immunization (24 May), Universal Health Coverage (25 May) and environmental health (26 May).
All documentation for the formal programme and agenda items can be found here.
Every Woman Every Child partners are invited to raise their voices and join the conversation throughout the week to ensure that women, children and adolescents are front and center in the discussions.
CHECK OUT the EWEC events Save the Date here & below!