21 November 2016
Centre for Health and Population Studies, Pakistan
The Centre for Health and Population Studies, Pakistan (CHPS) commits to try to bridge the gap between research generation and policy formulation. We will try to ensure that evidence generated in Pakistan in the field of maternal, newborn and child health reaches the policy makers. This work is underway, including through consultations with stakeholders. Potential priorities include:
- annual professional events to focus on and disseminate health evidence, e.g., conferences;
- strengthening of Pakistani institutes to offer courses on advocacy, abstract writing, journal paper writing, etc;
- review of medical curricula to add research capacity development at undergraduate levels;
- public advocacy events, e.g. marathons;
- use of print and electronic media as effective dissemination methods.